Install the latest version of the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ OS to ensure you have access to the latest features and functionality on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. Software updates are free, are performed over the air, over a Wi-Fi® or cellular connection1, and take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Version 220.127.116.116 Feb. 13, 2013
Updates included for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook and the 4G/4G LTE™ PlayBook2:
- Improvements to Gmail® and Yahoo!® account setup services
- Enhancements to browser performance
- Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard ‘EN 60950-1/A12’
- Renaming of BlackBerry App World™ storefront to BlackBerry® World™ storefront
Updates for the 4G/4G LTE PlayBook are subject to carrier availability.
Version 18.104.22.1684 Dec.19, 2012
Updates included for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:
- Resolved an issue where some users were unable to make in-app payments
- Updated the Text Messages app so that the latest SMS received appears at the top of the conversation list
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to play MPEG-4 video